NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation
Assessment: Practical Assessment for Approximately 60 Minutes. Application of knowledge by analysis of a theoretical incident investigation
Mode of Study: Taught (face to face)
Duration: 7 hours
Pre-course Reading: 3 Hours
Who is the qualification designed for?
This qualification is aimed at managers, supervisors, HSE Champions, union representatives and aspiring health and safety practitioners. It would not be suitable for current health and safety practitioners.
Learning outcome and Element summary
1. Understand why incident investigations are carried out and how human and organisational factors contribute to incidents
- 1.1 Incident terminology, the moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations and management system requirements
- 1.2 Human and organisational factors
2. Understand how to investigate incidents and confidently carry out an investigation
- 1.3 Investigating incidents
- 1.4 Positive strategies for and the barriers to successful interviews
- 1.5 Advanced incident investigation techniques